Victoria West Community Association
The Victoria West Community Association is run by volunteers. Follow the VWCA link above to find committees, minutes, and more.
The VWCA also runs the Community Centre, where you can join programs all year long or rent event rooms. Follow the Community Centre link above.
This site is not optimized for older versions of Internet Explorer (6 and 7)
We have an exciting opportunity for 4 members of the VWCA to join a Neighbourhood Working Group (NWG) that will play several key roles in the development of the Victoria West Neighbourhood plan, including:
- Contributing to designing the planning process and engagement strategy
- Assisting with the delivery of community-led engagement activities where there is interest and review and evaluate engagement activity
- Collaborating with City staff to develop, evaluate and refine neighbourhood planning vision, issues and policies, based on public input
- Helping to promote neighbourhood planning and encouraging broad participation from members
- Reviewing draft plans and providing feedback to staff.
The NWG is intended to provide input and feedback to City staff at all key stages in the development of the Neighbourhood Plan. It is also envisaged that members of the NWG will actively participate in the wider public engagement events alongside staff and the broader community at the key stages.
Community Gathering in Vic West Park
for the Proposed new Community Garden
Saturday, July 23rd, from 1:00-3:00pm
Vic West Food Security Collective is hosting a community gathering to show the proposed site, share information and answer questions.
Proposed New Community Garden for Vic West Park
The City of Victoria is redeveloping Vic West Park and has designated a section for a large community garden. Vic West Food Security Collective is starting the process. We invite you to join us.
We are looking for a committed “Garden Planning Team” who, together with our neighbours, partners, and community organizations, will bring the garden from concept to celebratory completion.
Gardeners, planners, designers, carpenters, artists, organizers, and anyone who has the time, energy, skills and interest to bring this project to fruition are welcome to contribute. It will take a community to create this garden and we’d love it if you joined us now.