Facilities Rental Policies
Rental Insurance Policies:
- Renters are required to demonstrate proof of insurance that indemnifies the Victoria West Community Association of any liability in the following rental situations: Events that invite the public into the building (depending on size and nature of the event); Bookings involving multi-day workshops/retreats/events; and Events that include liquor and/or food sales. Please check with Centre staff at time of booking to determine if your rental requires insurance or not.
There are a number of ways that these insurance requirements can be met:
- The Victoria West Community Association should be added to renter’s insurance policy as “additionally insured.”
- A business/organization can add a rider to their insurance policy that includes our facility for one time or multiple uses.
- The City of Victoria offers Community Centre renter insurance for events. Contact Darlene Hammond at 250-361-0361 or email@example.com for information. You may also use your own insurance company.
Single Room and/or Single Day Booking Policies:
- Full payment and a signed rental agreement are due at the time of booking. If the booking is made by phone payment, the signed rental agreement must be returned by fax or email within 48 hours.
- Bookings are not guaranteed until full payment is received.
Cancellation/Refund Policy for One Time Rentals:
- If the Community Centre is notified of a cancellation at least 5 working days prior to the rental date, the amount originally paid for the booking will be refunded.
- If a cancellation is made less than five working days prior to the rental date, the amount paid will refunded minus 25% of the booking fee (minimum $25).
- If you do not turn up for your booking, and you have not contacted the Centre to cancel the booking, there is no refund.
- A damage deposit of $250 may be required to secure events for more than 75 people or any event where alcohol is served.
Multi-Day and/or Multi-Room Rental Booking Policy:
- A security deposit of 10% of the total rental cost is required to hold the date(s). The security deposit is due at the time of booking.
- All bookings are considered to be tentative until the security deposit and signed rental agreement are received by the Centre.
- Rental payment for multi-day/multi-room bookings is due in full 2 months in advance of the rental date, or immediately if booking less than two months in advance. The Victoria West Community Association reserves the right to cancel the booking if fees have not been paid by the due date. A $100 cancellation fee will be applied on the cancelled booking, and all other monies paid will be refunded to the client.
Multi-Day and/or Multi-Room Rental Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellation for a booking that consists of more than one room, more than one day, or that impacts Centre programming must be received in writing 14 calendar days prior to the start date. Refunds will only be issued if the rooms can be rebooked.
- If, due to a labour dispute, mechanical breakdown or failure, or for any other reason outside the Association’s control, the Association is unable to provide the facility and so informs the Licensee verbally, and/or in writing by mail, email, or fax, the agreement shall be deemed to be cancelled on the date of such mailing or verbal notice or delivery, and the licensee shall not be liable to the Association for the payment of any rent in respect of the unexpired term of the Agreement, and in such event, the Association shall not be liable to the licensee for any damages suffered as a result of such cancellation.
- Rental bookings for multiple rooms within the Centre and/or multiple dates may be eligible for a discounted rate from those posted on our website. Changes to bookings that reduce either the number of rooms or the number of days booked may result in a change to the discounted rate.
- Renters will be greeted by Centre Staff at the time designated as the start time in the rental agreement.
- Centre Staff will assist with locating necessary equipment. Actual set-up is to be done by the renter. If additional time is needed to set up for the planned event it should be factored into the agreement.
- The cleanup of the rented space is required of the Renter with brooms and cleaning suplies provided by Centre Staff. All tables, chairs or equipment are to be put away in their original location.
- All waste, recycling and compost generated from your booking must be placed in the appropriate bins. Please do not use styrofoam products.
- Due to City of Victoria Noise Bylaws please keep outside noise to a minimum after 11:00PM.
- The Renter is responsible for the conduct of all guests and/or participants and will be liable for any damage or loss caused by these participants.
- Parents/caregivers are responsible for their children in the facility if not in a registered program.
- The Centre is a community space that is enjoyed by many people. There will most likely be other groups and programs using the Centre while you are here. Please keep noise to a minimum in the Lobby area and use the space you have rented in order to avoid any disruption to other programs and events.
Kitchen: If you are using items from our kitchen please clean and return to their original place. Please use our commercial dishwasher to clean any dishes. It is prohibited to cook anything that produces grease laden vapours, including meat, or saute and fry with oil or butter on the stove top. The kitchen is equipped with most everything you would need to prepare and cook food – if there are specific kitchen items you need please ask. We also have enough plates, bowls, coffee cups, glasses, table cloths, napkins, coffee urns and cutlery to feed a crowd.
Equipment Available: Volleyball net and volleyballs, basketballs and nets, badminton net and racquets, kids floor hockey sticks, 2 floor hockey nets, bouncy castle for preschool age children, kindergym equipment for children’s parties, yoga equipment, exercise balls, small weights, exercise mats, soccer balls, tables and chairs, sound system, 42″ TV (wall-mounted in Reading Room), dvd player and projection screen (no projector). If you would like to use any of this equipment please inquire with Centre staff to find out if there is an additional charge.