Join the Victoria West Community Association Board of Directors
Who We Are
The Victoria West Community Association (VWCA) has a long history of fostering a vibrant and engaged community. We are invested in building capacity, increasing our membership, and strengthening partnerships. As part of our mandate, we strive to expand the reach of our programs, projects, and events to better serve the needs of community residents and the general public.
Our Board of Directors is comprised of committed individuals who work together to make a positive difference in Victoria West. Elected to stand for a two-year-term, the members of the board may total as many as twelve, with up to one-half of that number up for election at our annual general meeting (AGM). To learn more about what is involved in serving as a VWCA director, please review the job description.
If you are a member currently in good standing with the VWCA and are interested in standing as a candidate for election to our Board of Directors, or would like to nominate another member you wish to support, we encourage you to complete and submit our online form.
Please note that nominations are also accepted from the floor at our AGM; however, in order to be considered for candidacy, all written applications must be received by the VWCA Secretary by no later than November 15th.
Nomination Commitment Outline
In standing as a candidate for election to the VWCA Board of Directors, all applicants must a member in good standing for at least 60 days prior to the annual general meeting and commit to being:
1. Self-motivated and willing to work to work collaboratively with others;
2. Actively involved on at least one standing committee;
3. Available for approximately 15 hours per month, in order to fulfill respective duties and responsibilities, including attending board and committee meetings, and being visible at VWCA-sponsored events;
4. Placed in a position of trust and held responsible for the effective governance of the Association, and directly accountable to its members; and
5. Present at the Board of Directors’ orientation meeting, held in early December, and available to attend annual one-day retreats, which are scheduled at the Board’s pleasure on the mutual convenience of its members.
Please note that, although all interested persons are invited to attend our AGM, only VWCA members are permitted to vote for the candidates standing for election. If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact the VWCA Secretary for information.